This week was my brother in law’s college graduation, and I chose a lemon chai bundt cake to celebrate. Having had good luck with bundt cakes recently, I figured I might as well make another. I started with a base of the King Arthur Flour Chai-Spiced Pound Cake recipe. With that baked I then borrowed the lemon simple syrup and lemon glaze from my Easter cake and added that. To finish it off, I diced up some candied orange peel I had and sprinkled that on top. I was afraid that chai+lemon+orange might be too much, but it all worked. I could do without the candied orange peel myself, but everyone else liked it.
Chai-Lemon Bundt Cake
- 16 tbsp Unalted Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese Wish a splash of lemon juice in it
Home Made Chai
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease (I use PAM) a bundt pan
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, brown sugar, and honey until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing to mix well.
- Stir in the baking powder and soda, the salt, and the chai mix.
- Add half the flour, then add the sour cream and cottage cheese.
- Add the rest of the flour.
- Fill the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for ~15 minutes before flipping the bundt can to remove the cake. Allow to finish cooling completely.